Houston is considered to have one of the best culinary scenes in the country, with cuisine from around the world. There are more than 8,000 restaurants in the Houston area with culinary choices that represent more than 70 countries and American regions.
- Houston is home to more than approximately 13,000 restaurants.
- Culinary choices represent more than 70 countries and American regions.
- Houstonians dine out more than residents of any other city — 4.1 times per week, compared with the national average of 3.1.
- The average meal in Houston—$32.53—is less than the national average of $35.10
- View a sampling or book a reservation at OpenTable.
- Zomato lists almost 400 vegan friendly restaurants, 38 farm-to-table establishments and over 200 food trucks.
- Edible Houston Magazine will provide you with the information you need to enjoy the freshest food in our area.